The 2019-20 NBA season got here to a halt over three months in the past when Utah Jazz heart Rudy Gobert examined constructive for the coronavirus. In the time since, the league has formulated a plan to return to play at Disney World in Orlando. Twenty-two groups will journey there, play eight “seeding games” beginning on July 30, then start a typical playoff format that may culminate in October.
That’s the plan anyway. The virus has proven no indicators of slowing down, and, actually, circumstances are literally surging in Florida. Health and security considerations concerning the pandemic, mixed with a rising social justice motion and questions concerning the quarantine state of affairs have raised loads of questions on whether or not the NBA will have the ability to pull this off, and, past that, whether or not it is even moral for them to attempt.
For now, no less than, the reply appears to be that they are forging forward. Starting this week, as gamers return to workforce amenities, groups have begun testing for COVID-19. That course of has already turned up a number of constructive exams, together with Spencer Dinwiddie, Nikola Jokic, Malcolm Brogdon and two unnamed members of the Phoenix Suns.
As this course of continues to unfold, there’ll possible be much more NBA gamers and workforce members who check constructive for the coronavirus, as it’s sadly extraordinarily contagious. Below is an inventory of gamers and figures from across the league who’ve been confirmed to be contaminated with COVID-19 up to now:
Members of NBA who examined constructive for coronavirus
- DeAndre Jordan, Brooklyn Nets — Diagnosis introduced June 29
- Spencer Dinwiddie, Brooklyn Nets — Diagnosis introduced June 29
- Derrick Jones Jr., Miami Heat — Diagnosis reported on June 25
- Alex Len, Sacramento Kings — Diagnosis reported on June 24
- Buddy Hield, Sacramento Kings — Diagnosis reported on June 24
- Jabari Parker, Sacramento Kings — Diagnosis introduced on June 24
- Malcolm Brogdon, Indiana Pacers — Diagnosis introduced on June 24
- Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets — Diagnosis reported on June 23
- Two unnamed gamers, Phoenix Suns — Diagnosis reported on June 23
- Four unnamed gamers, unnamed Western Conference workforce — Diagnosis reported on June 23
- Michael Malone, Denver Nuggets coach — Diagnosis and restoration introduced on June 15
- James Dolan, New York Knicks proprietor — March 28 (Update: cleared on April 22)
- Two unnamed gamers, Los Angeles Lakers — Diagnosis reported on March 19 (Update: Players symptom-free on March 31)
- Marcus Smart, Boston Celtics — Diagnosis introduced on March 19 (Update: cleared on March 30)
- Three unnamed members of group, Philadelphia 76ers — Diagnosis introduced on March 19
- Kevin Durant, three unnamed teammates, Brooklyn Nets — on March 17 (Update: All 4 symptom-free on April 1)
- Christian Wood, Detroit Pistons — Diagnosis introduced on March 14 (Update: “ ,” per agent on March 26)
- Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz — Diagnosis introduced on March 12 (Update: cleared on March 27)
- Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz — Diagnosis introduced on March 11 (Update: cleared on March 27)